Regulatory, Advertising & Marketing
Our Regulatory, Advertising & Marketing practice group is committed to keeping our clients abreast of the regulatory changes that impact the way that they market and advertise their products and services in Canada. We work with clients from all sectors and industries, both domestic and international and pride ourselves on giving clients practical advice based on a clear understanding of their businesses.
The following is a list of services that members of our Regulatory, Advertising & Marketing group provide:
- Reviewing print and broadcast advertising (including comparative advertising) of consumer goods and services
- Advising on advertising regulated products and services including food, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, and alcohol
- Advising on advertising to children
- Assisting clients to obtain clearance of their advertisements from various regulatory agencies
- Assisting clients to respond to complaints about their advertisements by consumers, competitors, or regulators
- Advising clients on challenging competitors' advertisements through the courts and Advertising Standards Canada
- Advising clients on consumer promotions such as contests and coupon programs
- Advising clients on consumer protection legislation
- Advising clients on marketing over the Internet
Packaging & Labelling
- Reviewing packaging and labelling of diverse products
Quebec French Language Requirements
- Advising on compliance with the Quebec Charter of the French Language and regulations adopted there under
- Advising clients on compliance with Canada's privacy laws
August 7, 2019
While Americans Laud “Low” Canadian Drug Prices, Canadian Innovative Pharma Waits to see if the...
July 30, 2019
Overview of Canadian Patented Medicine Price Review
June 28, 2019
Ticketmaster to Pay Hefty Penalty for Misleading Pricing Practices
March 4, 2019
The Intersection Between Trademarks and Labelling Laws: An Illustration in the Cannabis Industry...
January 31, 2019
Ad Standards Overhauls Dispute Procedure
December 17, 2018
GDPR Territorial Scope – Draft Guidelines Released that May Help Canadians Established Outside...