Regulatory, Advertising & Marketing
Our Regulatory, Advertising & Marketing practice group is committed to keeping our clients abreast of the regulatory changes that impact the way that they market and advertise their products and services in Canada. We work with clients from all sectors and industries, both domestic and international and pride ourselves on giving clients practical advice based on a clear understanding of their businesses.
The following is a list of services that members of our Regulatory, Advertising & Marketing group provide:
- Reviewing print and broadcast advertising (including comparative advertising) of consumer goods and services
- Advising on advertising regulated products and services including food, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, and alcohol
- Advising on advertising to children
- Assisting clients obtain clearance of their advertisements from various regulatory agencies
- Assisting clients respond to complaints about their advertisements by consumers, competitors, or regulators
- Advising clients on challenging competitors' advertisements through the courts and Advertising Standards Canada
- Advising clients on consumer promotions such as contests and coupon programs
- Advising clients on consumer protection legislation
- Advising clients on marketing over the Internet
Packaging & Labelling
- Reviewing packaging and labelling of diverse products
Quebec French Language Requirements
- Advising on compliance with the Quebec Charter of the French Language and regulations adopted there under
- Advising clients on compliance with Canada's privacy laws
ArticleNovember 1, 2018
Mandatory Breach Notification Regulations Now in Force
ArticleOctober 30, 2018
Oh, hack! What to do after a breach: OPC releases its breach guidance in final form
ArticleOctober 22, 2018
Data localization and digital trade in the new United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement
ArticleOctober 18, 2018
Privacy & what is reasonable? OPC Inappropriate Data Practices Guidelines are now being applied...
ArticleOctober 17, 2018
Do you have meaningful consent to handle personal information? Now is the time to review your consent...
ArticleOctober 2, 2018
Unsure about mandatory breach reporting obligations? OPC publishes draft guidelines about what...