We help companies procure, license and enforce intellectual property. Bereskin & Parr’s Cleantech practice group provides legal, as well as patent and trademark agency services to companies in clean technology, energy and environmental technology businesses. Our team includes lawyers and patent agents with engineering and scientific educational backgrounds and industry experience suited to clean and environmental technologies.
Our services are complimented with lawyers and trademark agents with dedicated experience in advertising, packaging and labelling, competition and trademark law related to marketing green and environmental products. Specifically, we assist clients, secure and protect their intellectual property in technologies that provide alternative or renewable energy, improve energy efficiency, use recycled materials and reduce natural resource consumption, pollutants, emissions of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gasses.
Companies that would be interested in our Cleantech legal services are those that are managing projects in the following sectors:
- Wind power,
- Solar power,
- Biomass and biofuels,
- Green building technologies,
- Water and wastewater treatment,
- Hydrogen fuel cells,
- Waste diversion,
- Energy efficient motors, lighting & appliances and
- Energy efficiency-related software.
The following is a list of services that members of our Cleantech practice group provide:
- Patent drafting & prosecution,
- Patent searching,
- IP audits,
- Patent validity & infringement opinions,
- Technology transfer and licensing,
- Patent and trademark litigation,
- Trademark searches & filing and
- Review of green or environmental advertising claims.