Jonathan Burkinshaw is a lawyer and registered trademark agent and a partner in the Trademark Group at Bereskin & Parr LLP.
Jonathan specializes in the area of trademark law. His practice includes providing practical guidance on selecting and protecting new marks, filing and prosecuting applications, and representing clients in opposition, cancellation and infringement proceedings. He manages the Canadian trademark portfolios of both large Canadian companies and brand owners from outside the country, including in the fields of medical devices, personal care products, computer hardware and software, and restaurant services.
When not in front of the computer, Jonathan enjoys tending his fruit trees, making things out of wood, playing Scrabble with his wife and kids, and walking with his sheepadoodle Stanley.
- J.D., University of Toronto, 2007
- M.A., English Literature, University of Toronto, 2002
- Honours Bachelor of Arts (Hons. B.A.), English, Philosophy, Trinity Western University, 2001
- Registered Canadian Trademark Agent, 2009
- Admitted to the Ontario Bar, 2008
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC), Fellow
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Law Society of Ontario (LSO)
- College of Patent Agents and Trademark Agents (CPATA)