Oil & Gas
The oil & gas industry continues to face many technical challenges including locating, tapping and recovering oil from unconventional reserves, upgrading heavy oil recovered from unconventional reserves, reducing carbon emissions, recycling waste water and increased production efficiencies. Many reserves are located in remote and hostile environments, which presents special challenges in accessing and servicing the reserves. These challenges have resulted in companies that are at the forefront of innovation and require specialized expertise to protect their advancements in this competitive and evolving field.
Our Oil & Gas group was formed by bringing together professionals from the firm’s patent practice group and litigation group who have specific experience in obtaining and enforcing patents in the oil and gas field and are uniquely suited to strategically position your company’s IP in a complex competitive environment. Together, our team can provide in-depth knowledge of all aspects of IP that relate to aspects of the oil and gas industry, including exploration, drilling, fracking, recovery, upgrading and refining technologies, water purification and recycling technologies, emission control, gas scrubbing and syngas production.
The following is a list of services that members of our Oil & Gas industry group provide:
- Strategic analysis of competitor portfolios
- Providing strategic advice on the development and maintenance of intellectual property portfolios to match the business plan of a company
- Conducting intellectual property audits and due diligence investigations
- Preparing and prosecuting patent applications worldwide
- Providing patentability, validity, and infringement searches and opinions
- Enforcing and defending intellectual property rights
- Preparing and negotiating licensing agreements