Bereskin & Parr's Industrial Designs practice group has a keen appreciation for product and packaging design. We understand the importance of visual appearance in marketing and branding. Our design law professionals work with clients to ensure they understand the advantages and limitations of all forms of legal protection for designs, including when to turn to copyright and trademark rights in addition to pursuing design registrations and design patents.
Our team includes professionals with a wide range of educational and industry experience and a thorough understanding of the protection that the Industrial Design Act offers our clients. Professionals have multi-disciplinary technical experience that enables them to effectively protect designs for goods as diverse as electronics, clothing and fashion accessories, automobiles, home furnishings and housewares, as well as various forms of product packaging. Our team is devoted to helping clients build, protect and enforce their intellectual property.
The following is a list of services that members of our Industrial Designs practice group provide:
- Drafting and prosecuting design applications worldwide, including preparing written descriptions, and drawings or photographs
- Providing opinions on registrability, validity and infringement
- Conducting due diligence investigations
- Preparing and negotiating licensing agreements
- Providing strategic advice on intellectual property portfolios
- Performing prior art searches
- Conducting intellectual property audits
- Enforcing intellectual property rights