Victor Krichker is a partner (admitted in Ontario and Massachusetts), as well as a registered patent and trademark agent, and is the Head of the firm’s Licensing & Transactions practice group.
Victor’s practice is focused on advising clients on obtaining patent protection in the computer software and mechanical fields; intellectual property and technology transactions, including the sale and license of intellectual property rights; and managing intellectual property portfolios, including enforcement and avoiding infringement of third party intellectual property rights.
Victor has co-authored many articles on patent and technology law, and has spoken on patent law and intellectual property licensing at multiple conferences and seminars. He is currently on the Board of CAN-TECH, the Canadian Technology Law Association.
Victor was previously the Head of the firm’s Software & High Technology practice group and a member of the firm’s Executive Committee.
Prior to joining Bereskin & Parr, he held the position of Intellectual Property Counsel for a Canadian FinTech software company.
Outside of work, Victor enjoys spending time with his family and pursuing an active lifestyle, including golf, tennis, and working out.
- LL.B., Queen’s University, 1994
- B.Sc. (Civil Eng.), Queen’s University, 1991
- Registered United States Patent Agent, 2002
- Registered Canadian Patent Agent, 2001
- Registered Canadian Trademark Agent, 2001
- Admitted to the Massachusetts Bar, 1997
- Admitted to the Ontario Bar, 1996
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC), Fellow
- Canadian Technology Law Association (CAN-TECH), Board Member
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Board of Bar Overseers (BBO)
- College of Patent Agents and Trademark Agents (CPATA)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Law Society of Ontario (LSO)