Toba Cooper is an associate with Bereskin & Parr LLP. Her practice focuses on copyright, trademark, dispute resolution, licensing and transactions, litigation and other IP-related matters.
Toba graduated from the Juris Doctor program at the University of Ottawa where she also completed a Bachelor of Fine Arts. She also holds a Bachelor of Education from the University of Toronto.
Prior to joining the firm, Toba worked at an IP boutique firm where she managed and oversaw the firm’s trademark portfolio for Canada and the US. Toba prosecuted several trademark applications in Canada and the US including obtaining and executing trademark clearance searches, providing registrability opinions, liaising and negotiating with examiners and devising brand strategies for entrepreneurs and other corporate entities.
- J.D., University of Ottawa, 2014
- Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.), University of Toronto, 2011
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA), University of Ottawa, 2009
- Registered Canadian Trademark Agent, 2018
- Admitted to the Ontario Bar, 2015
- College of Patent Agents and Trademark Agents (CPATA)
- Law Society of Ontario (LSO)