Timothy Sinnott is a partner with Bereskin & Parr LLP.
Tim provides strategic intellectual property advice to a wide variety of clients. His practice focuses on preparing and prosecuting patent, trademark, copyright and industrial design applications, and litigating and licensing intellectual property rights. He has a special focus on securing patent protection for mechanical and software inventions, and conducting patent validity and infringement studies.
Tim has a high level of expertise in providing trademark registrability and infringement opinions, representing parties in trademark opposition and summary expungement proceedings, and protecting and enforcing official marks for public authorities.
Tim is a certified specialist in intellectual property law (in all three categories of patents, trademarks and copyright) with the Law Society of Ontario (LSO).
- LL.B., University of British Columbia, 1980
- M.Sc. (Physics), University of British Columbia, 1977
- B.S. (Physics), University of Texas, 1975
- Registered United States Patent Agent, 1983
- Registered Canadian Trademark Agent, 1982
- Admitted to the Ontario Bar, 1982
- Registered Canadian Patent Agent, 1982
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Christian Legal Fellowship (CLF)
- College of Patent Agents and Trademark Agents (CPATA)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- Law Society of Ontario – Certified Specialist (patents, trademarks and copyrights)
- Law Society of Ontario (LSO)