Mina Chana is a partner with Bereskin & Parr LLP. She is co-managing partner of the firm’s Mississauga Office.
Mina’s practice focuses on all aspects of client counselling and portfolio management in the trademark and branding fields, including trademark clearance and opinion work, trademark prosecution, oppositions and cancellations, policing and enforcement of trademarks, and IP licensing. She is the trusted advisor for clients in various industries, as she assists them to protect and leverage their brands, on both a domestic and international level, while keeping in mind the clients’ business and commercial goals.
Mina is actively involved in the International Trademark Association (INTA) and is the co-chair of the INTA Law Firm Committee. Mina is recognized as a top-tier trademark professional in both national and international publications, including the World Trademark Review, Lexpert, World IP Review: Leaders, and others.
Outside of work, Mina enjoys spending time with family and friends, entertaining, traveling, taking long walks, and has recently discovered that she has a ‘green thumb’.
“You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” (Mahatma Gandhi)
- LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School, 2000
- B.Sc., University of Toronto, 1997
- Registered Canadian Trademark Agent, 2004
- Admitted to the Ontario Bar, 2002
- Brampton Board of Trade (BBOT)
- Canadian Bar Association (CBA)
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC), Fellow
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Law Society of Ontario (LSO)
- Peel Law Association
- Pharmaceutical Trade Marks Group (PTMG)
- Toronto Intellectual Property Group (TIPG)
- Women’s Law Network
- College of Patent Agents and Trademark Agents (CPATA)