Jessica Sudbury is an associate and patent agent with Bereskin & Parr LLP.
Her practice focuses on patent prosecution relating to life sciences, as well as other general IP matters, litigation, dispute resolution, IP management & strategic counselling, and regulatory, advertising & marketing.
Jessica graduated from McGill University with a Ph. D., M.Sc., B.C.L. and J.D., and holds a B.Sc. (Hon.) degree from the University of Toronto. During her graduate studies at McGill University, Jessica conducted research focused on the neurophysiology of thermally activated ion channels in hypothalamic osmoregulatory circuits and central neural network synchronicity and hyperexcitability in circuits implicated in temporal lobe epilepsy.
Jessica’s expertise includes prosecuting patent applications on behalf of Canadian and international innovators and delivering patent portfolio management strategy advice. Jessica is also experienced in representing Canadian and international pharmaceutical manufacturers before the Federal Court and Ontario civil courts and advising Canadian pharmaceutical manufacturers on drug regulatory and litigation management strategies.
Jessica is the recipient of various awards including the Banting and Best Canada Graduate Scholarship awarded by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (2009), the McGill Medstar Award (2014), and many more.
Outside of work, Jessica enjoys reading, spending quality time with family, cycling, running, singing choral music and reading. “Fight for the things that you care about. But do it in a way that will lead others to join you.” – Ruth Bader Ginsburg (2015)
- B.C.L. & LL.B. / J.D., McGill University, 2016
- Ph.D. (Neuroscience), McGill University, 2013
- M.Sc. (Neuroscience), McGill University, 2007
- Hon. B.Sc., University of Toronto, 2004
- Registered Canadian Patent Agent, 2021
- Admitted to the Ontario Bar, 2017
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- Law Society of Ontario (LSO)
- Canadian Bar Association (CBA)
- Ontario Bar Association (OBA)
- College of Patent Agents and Trademark Agents (CPATA)