David St-Martin is a partner with Bereskin & Parr LLP. David has been practicing since 2002 and is a registered patent agent since 2005, the year in which he joined Bereskin & Parr’s Montréal office. He has a B.Sc. in chemistry from the Université de Sherbrooke and an M.Sc. from the Université de Montréal.
His practice includes drafting and prosecuting patent applications in the fields of material science, metallic powders manufacturing processes, pharmaceuticals, organic and inorganic chemistry, cosmetics, mining processes and products, green technologies, gas fermentation processes, nanotechnology and plasma torch related technologies. David also prepares patentability, validity, freedom-to-operate and infringement opinions concerning patents and advises on patent portfolio management. David was and is still involved in building and managing patent portfolio of a Quebec-based company that recently raised $1.1-billion.
David is a gentleman farmer, he raises pigs, hens and he also produces maple syrup.
- M.Sc. (Chemistry), University of Montréal, 2002
- B.Sc. (Chemistry), University of Sherbrooke, 1999
- Registered United States Patent Agent, 2006
- Registered Canadian Patent Agent, 2005
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPPI)
- Licensing Executive Society (LES)
- Ordre des Chimistes du Québec (OCQ)
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- College of Patent Agents and Trademark Agents (CPATA)
- Chemical Institute of Canada (CIC)