Christie is an associate and trademark agent with Bereskin & Parr LLP.
Christie has a broad practice in the licensing, protection, enforcement and acquisition of trademarks, copyright and confidential information. Christie’s expertise encompasses trademark portfolio management, prosecution, and contentious work, as well as trademark and copyright litigation, copyright advisory work, and transactional IP work.
She has managed complex cross-border trademark portfolios for franchises, represented clients in trademark and copyright infringement matters before the Federal Court, and negotiated and drafted technology and IP licenses and cross-branding agreements. Christie has been recognized by Best Lawyers in Canada: “Ones to Watch” for Intellectual Property in 2022 and 2021, as well as a “Rising Star” in Intellectual Property from Managing IP in 2022. Christie is also an executive with the Toronto Intellectual Property Group and a member of the International Trademark Association’s Young Practitioners Committee.
Outside of the confines of the office, Christie loves to sing and act (preferably, simultaneously). In addition to having been in over a dozen amateur productions over the past decade, she also sits on the board of one of Canada’s oldest music organizations.
- Bachelor of Civil Law & L.L.B., McGill University, 2016
- MPhil in Political Thought and Intellectual History, University of Cambridge, 2012
- HBA with High Distinction, , University of Toronto, 2011
- Registered Canadian Trademark Agent, 2019
- Admitted to the Ontario Bar, 2017
- Executive of the Toronto Intellectual Property Group
- Member – Canadian Bar Association
- Member – Licensing Executive Society
- Committee Member – International Trademark Association (INTA)– Young Practitioners Committee
- Member – Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
- Think Tank Member – Building Transformations