Litigation & Contentious IP
Helping organizations protect their IP against any disputes that may arise.
Bereskin & Parr’s litigation group includes leading intellectual property (IP) litigation and dispute resolution experts. Our clients range from individual inventors, entrepreneurs, and start-ups to the world’s largest companies and span across industries such as pharmaceuticals, information technology, petrochemicals, life sciences, and communications. Trusted by companies across Canada, our litigation group applies both their legal and scientific training to understand intellectual property disputes and deliver practical business focused solutions. When litigation is necessary, our trial tested team is composed of tenacious litigators and creative advocates who regularly appear at all levels of Canadian courts and tribunals, including the Supreme Court of Canada.
Our Litigation Group can advise you on navigating all types of contentious IP matters, including:
- Patent infringement disputes.
- Proceedings under Canada’s Patented Medicines (Notice of Compliance) Regulations.
- Trademark and unfair competition litigation.
- Copyright infringement litigation.
- Trade dress disputes.
- Industrial design litigation.
- Domain name disputes and litigation.
- Trade secret litigation.
- Information technology disputes.
- Alternative dispute resolution.
Practice Group Co‑Leaders
Our team has expertise in several specialized groups:
- Advertising, Marketing & Regulatory ›
- Cannabis ›
- Chemical ›
- Copyright & Digital Media ›
- Electrical & Computer Technology ›
- Financial Technology ›
- Industrial Designs ›
- Life Sciences ›
- Mechanical & Industrial Processes ›
- Medical Technology ›
- Oil & Gas ›
- Patents ›
- Plant Breeders’ Rights ›
- Psychedelics ›
- Quantum Technologies ›
- Trademarks ›