Patent Clerk - Montréal
Bereskin & Parr is one of Canada's largest and most respected intellectual property ("IP") law firms. There is an immediate opportunity for a PATENT CLERK to join our Montreal team. We are looking for candidates that are very knowledgeable in the patent area. Ideal candidates will have a keen interest in patent law and demonstrate high levels of conscientiousness, interpersonal skills, and time management skills.
The primary focus of this position is to attend to all functions during the filing and prosecution of international (PCT) and foreign patent applications, including preparing documents, organizing records and files, corresponding with foreign associates, preparing status reports and costs estimates, and ensuring comprehensive communication with clients.
- Post-Secondary degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Law Clerk Certificate or Paralegal certification would be an asset.
- Knowledge of legal terminology, procedures and statutes.
- Minimum of two years of experience working in patent prosecution.
- Computer literate with strong working knowledge of legal software and standard software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) including the ability to deal with clients, and all levels of staff.
- Fully bilingual (French & English).
Candidates who meet the above qualifications are asked to email their resumes to: .
Please include "Patent Clerk" in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bereskin & Parr LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities. Should candidates wish to receive the above job posting in an alternative format, please contact Kaitlin Sandor-Kerr, Human Resources Generalist by email () or by phone 416-957-1162.