HR Assistant (6 month contract) – Toronto
Bereskin & Parr is one of Canada's largest and most respected intellectual property ("IP") law firms. There is a Human Resources Assistant opportunity to work in our Toronto office. The Human Resources Assistant will reporting to the Director, Human Resources & Administration and will provide administrative assistance the Human Resources department.
• Maintaining an Internal Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
• Handling the opening and closing of personnel files in paper and electronic format and filing documents in appropriate files.
• Assisting with Staff Appreciation events.
• Assisting with the maintenance for the department’s recruitment spreadsheet.
• Faxing, photocopying and scanning confidential documents and correspondence.
• Providing attendance tracking backup – monitoring employee sick calls, advising professionals of absences, and emailing attendance to key personnel.
• Preparing confidential correspondence such as employment verification letters.
• Assisting with HR projects as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned by the Human Resources department.
• University degree and/or Post-Graduate Certificate with specialization in Human Resources (in-progress).
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff.
• High level of professionalism.
• Computer literate with strong working knowledge of (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
• Excellent time management skills and multitasking abilities.
• Excellent attention to detail.
Candidates who meet the above qualifications are asked to email their resumes and transcripts to: by November 15, 2013. Please include "HR Assistant" in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bereskin & Parr LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities. Should candidates wish to receive the above job posting in an alternative format, please contact Kaitlin Sandor-Kerr, Human Resources Generalist by email () or by phone 416-957-1162.