Graphic Designer - Toronto
Bereskin & Parr is one of Canada's largest and most respected intellectual property law firms. With more than 260 people, including more than 70 lawyers, patent and trademark agents, Bereskin & Parr and its award-winning professionals are consistently rated in Canada as the benchmark for intellectual property law.
There is an immediate opportunity for a Graphic Designer to work in our Business Development & Marketing Department. Reporting to the Manager, Business Development & Marketing, this position is primarily responsible for maintaining the firm’s brand and developing a suite of products that complement the firm and meet the demands of the department, including the editing and production of firm marketing materials, advertisements, preparation of firm logos and professional photos.
• Developing collateral material, event material, advertisements, electronic communications and website design. Collateral material includes business cards, brochures, newsletters, trade booths, invitations and signage.
• Applying creative skills to produce firm promotional and marketing materials, publications, presentations, etc., including preparation of final professional photo files for use in marketing materials.
• Working with the Manager, Business Development & Marketing to develop a suite of products for the firm, ensuring brand consistency and compliance.
• Five years of full-time experience in graphic design, website design, or similar role,
• Law firm or other professional services environment experience, an asset
• Post-secondary education is required
• Experience working with design programs on a regular basis (Adobe products: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat X Pro, Fireworks, and Bridge; QuarkXPress)
• Knowledge of website standards and best practices (e.g., brand standards, SEO tactics).
• Proficiency in all MS Office applications (ex: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail is essential
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
• Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) including the ability to deal with all levels of staff and professionals
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Sound problem solving skills with the ability to effectively analyze situations and develop appropriate solutions
• Ability to work independently (e.g., set own priorities and work with minimal supervision) as well as the ability to recognize and bring forward issues needing the attention of the Manager, Business Development & Marketing
• Ability to be resourceful and handle changing circumstances with ease
Candidates who meet the above qualifications are asked to email their resumes and transcripts to: by November 22, 2013. Please include "Graphic Designer" in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bereskin & Parr LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities. Should candidates wish to receive the above job posting in an alternative format, please contact Kaitlin Sandor-Kerr, Human Resources Generalist by email () or by phone 416-957-1162.